A wireless bridge receives a signal from your wireless router or wireless access point and sends it out to wired devices, thereby extending your wireless network. There is also the wireless network bridge, which acts similar to using an invisible Ethernet cable between your two locations. In this instance, the wireless network bridge using a transmit antenna at one location, and a receive antenna at the remote location.
- Support for both point-to-point or point-to-multipoint wireless network bridge
- Industry leading range and throughput, supporting data rates up to 3 Gbps
- Enhanced security mechanisms based on 802.11 and 802.11i standards
- Ruggedized enclosure optimized for harsh outdoor environments with extended operating temperature range
- Integrated or optional external antennas for flexibility in deployment
- Designed specifically for ease-of-installation and operation
- Indoor Ethernet Client Bridges
- Outdoor Ethernet Client Bridges
- USB Wi-Fi Client Adapters
- 802.11N Wireless Bridge Kits
D-Link, Engenius, Cisco, Teletronics and other manufacturers are some of the Wireless Bridge/Access Points kept in stock from GNS Wireless. Client bridges make it easy to expand network coverage to the far corners of your indoor or outdoor space without sacrificing wireless convenience. When an access point is configured as a wireless bridge, it will link a wireless network to a wired network allowing you to bridge two networks with different infrastructure, similar to using a wired to wireless bridge.
Rapid deployment and re-deployment can be achieved with no reliance upon telecommunications providers nor a lengthy license or trenching process when using a GNS Wireless network bridge kit. The GNS Series of pre-packaged Wireless Bridge kits allows placement in an indoor or outdoor environment without the use of an expensive additional National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) enclosures.
Further flexibility is achieved by enabling point-to-point or point-to-multipoint networks with a single product line. Various mounting brackets are available, as well as surge protection to protect both the internal network equipment and outdoor antennas.
Client bridges are designed to allow installation on poles, walls, and roofs, while also providing a mechanism for choosing the desired polarization.
The GNS-1152N Series Wireless Bridge offers an outdoor wireless bridge solution in a complete, pre-configured package, capable of linking two locations up to 1 mile apart. The integrated antenna version features an integrated 20dBi high-gain antenna and integrated radio for user installations of point-to-point links and the non-root nodes of point-to-multipoint networks. The GNS-5416 connectorized version provides professional installers with an N-Type connector that allows the deployment of the higher gain directional antennas for longer distance point-to-multipoint network. Click here for high gain 5 GHz WLAN antennas.
Wireless Bridge Ease of Use
Based upon IEEE 802.11A/N/AC technology and utilizing the same fundamentals as in a wired network, the GNS Wireless Series of pre-configured point to point wireless bridges provides a user with a familiar experience that supports an "out-of-the-box" deployment.
Convenient LEDs and an externally accessible Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI) for alignment feedback/diagnostics and a quick-hang universal mounting bracket allows for an easy installation process.
To simplify ordering and installation, GNS Wireless Bridge packages provides the professional or IT installer with all of the components and accessories necessary to complete most deployments, including:
- Power over Ethernet Injectors to supply power to the client bridge without expensive electrician costs. The power injector also extends the distance the Wireless Bridge antenna can be installed from the network. (300ft.MAX)
- Pole Mount hardware to provide greater ease of installation and flexibility. Optional Universal Antenna mount comes complete with stainless steel hardware to improve corrosion resistance.
- Two lengths of shielded cat5e cables for use with the Power Injector unit and connection to the bridge unit.
- A power supply and cord, enough coaxial sealant for all outdoor connectors, and corrosion-proof gel to protect grounding connections.