High throughput, high-reliability Point to Multipoint solutions from GNS Wireless:
Connect one location, to many remote locations within 1 broadband wired/wireless network.
Point-to-multipoint (PMP) fixed wireless broadband is a cost-effective and reliable solution for providing high-speed internet access to remote and rural areas. With PMP technology, a single base station can transmit data to multiple fixed wireless terminals, providing internet connectivity to a large number of users within a specific geographic area. This wireless technology has become increasingly popular as it offers faster installation times and lower maintenance costs than traditional wired networks, making it an attractive option for businesses, schools, and homes in underserved areas. PMP fixed wireless broadband offers a high-quality and stable internet connection, making it an excellent alternative to traditional internet service providers, particularly in areas where other broadband options are unavailable or expensive.
Point-to-multipoint (PMP) wireless communication has several advantages, including:
- Significantly cuts operational expenditures by eliminating fiber and leased line costs
- Cost-effective: Point-to-multipoint wireless systems are less expensive to install than point-to-point systems because they use fewer antennas and equipment. They are also less expensive to maintain since they require less infrastructure to operate.
- Increase point to point and point to multipoint wireless network capacity within hours
- Easy to install and operate: PtMP wireless networks can be installed and operated quickly and easily without much technical expertise. This makes them ideal for smaller businesses or organizations without an IT department.
- Provides carrier-class reliability – 99.999% uptime
- Overcomes challenging environmental barriers to connectivity
- Increased coverage: PtMP wireless networks can cover large areas with a single access point, making them ideal for providing wireless connectivity to remote areas where wired networks are not available.
- Scalability: Point-to-multipoint wireless networks can be easily expanded to accommodate additional users or devices without significant changes to the existing infrastructure.
- Reduced interference: PtMP wireless networks use frequency reuse techniques, which reduce interference and increase spectral efficiency. This allows multiple users to share the same frequency without interfering with each other.
Point-to-multipoint (PtMP) wireless can be used in various applications, including:
- Broadband Internet access: PMP wireless systems can provide high-speed internet access to residential and commercial customers in rural or remote areas where wired connections are not available or feasible.
- Public safety: PtMP wireless networks can be used for public safety applications, such as emergency communication systems, video surveillance, and traffic management.
- Transportation: PtMP wireless networks can be used to provide communication and connectivity for transportation systems, including railways, buses, and airports.
- Utilities: PtMP wireless networks can be used to monitor and control utility systems, such as electricity grids and water supply networks, to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Education: PtMP wireless networks can be used to provide internet access and connectivity to educational institutions, including schools and universities, to facilitate remote learning and online courses.
- Healthcare: PtMP wireless networks can be used to provide telemedicine services, remote monitoring, and other healthcare applications that require reliable and secure wireless connectivity.
- Agriculture: PtMP wireless networks can be used for precision agriculture applications, including crop monitoring, irrigation management, and livestock tracking, to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Hospitality: PtMP wireless networks can be used to provide wireless connectivity and communication services to hotels, resorts, and other hospitality businesses to enhance customer experience and satisfaction.
Featured: 60GHz for Interference Free Point-to-Multipoint
|The V5000 is featured with two integrated sector antennas covering up to 280 degrees with beamforming. A single V5000 can connect up to four other distribution nodes or up to 30 client nodes. V5000 can be used for PTP, PMP and mesh configurations. Operating at 60GHz means zero interference to the 2.4 GHz and 5 Ghz Wi-Fi 6 Access Points deployed in the field.||The V1000 is featured with a wide-range, 80º beamforming antenna for easy installation. Powered by 802.3af PoE, V1000 supports up to 2 Gbps with 1 Gbps in the uplink direction and 1 Gbps in the downlink direction. The perfect, small form factor client radio to mesh your Wi-Fi 6 Access Points back to the main office.|
There are many different types and brands of point-to-multipoint (PtMP) antennas available, and the most popular ones can vary depending on the specific application and requirements. Here are some examples of popular PtMP antennas:
Ubiquiti Networks: Ubiquiti Networks offers a range of PtMP antennas, including the AirMax Sector Antenna and the RocketDish Antenna. These antennas are popular for broadband internet access and other wireless communication applications.
Cambium Networks: Cambium Networks offers several PtMP antennas, including the ePMP Sector Antenna and the PMP 450i Access Point. These antennas are popular for public safety, transportation, and utility applications.
RADWIN: RADWIN offers several PtMP antennas, including the RW-2250 Base Station Antenna and the RW-2050 Subscriber Unit Antenna. These antennas are popular for broadband internet access and other wireless communication applications.
Proxim Wireless: Proxim Wireless offers several PtMP antennas, including the Tsunami MP.11 Antenna and the Tsunami QB-8100 Subscriber Unit Antenna. These antennas are popular for public safety, transportation, and utility applications.
MikroTik: MikroTik offers several PtMP antennas, including the Sectors Antenna and the BaseBox2 Access Point. These antennas are popular for broadband internet access and other wireless communication applications.
KP Performance Antennas: KP Performance Antennas offers several PtMP antennas, including the ProLine Sector Antenna and the ProLine Omni Antenna. These antennas are popular for broadband internet access and other wireless communication applications.
It’s important to note that the popularity of a PtMP antenna can vary depending on the specific application, network requirements, and point to multipoint range. For more information, please contact GNS Wireless and we can discuss your application in depth.