Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD Unifi Dual Band Access Point
Ubiquiti UAP-AC-HD Unifi Access Point
The UniFi AC HD AP is the first UniFi 802.11ac Wave 2 AP. Combining the performance increases from MU-MIMO technology and the use of 4x4 spatial streams, the UniFi AC HD AP delivers up to 125% greater performance than a typical Wave 1 AP. Deploy the UniFi AC HD AP in high-density environments requiring maximum wireless performance. The UniFi AC HD AP features simultaneous, dual-band, 4x4 MU-MIMO technology and convenient 802.3at PoE+ compatibility. Available in single- and five‑packs.
The Unifi line of products requires a program called the UniFi "controller" to setup and use. The controller must be run when first setting up the system in order to "adopt" each AP. After that the controller is required to be running 24/7 only if you wish to use the guest portal function. This means you can setup, or "preconfigure" a Unifi Access Point, then move it to a location to be installed and used. The controller can run on a local computer (PC, MAC, Linux box) or via the cloud.
OUTDOOR UNIFI MODELS
UniFi AP Outdoor 2.4GHz (Ubiquiti UniFI AP Outdoor 2x2 MIMO Access Point 802.11bgn).
It's 2.4GHz only, but that will be most compatible with an array of wireless devices. 2x2 MIMO means up to 300Mb/s throughput.
UniFi AP AC Outdoor (Ubiquiti Networks UniFi UAP-AC Outdoor Enterprise WiFi System).
Incorporates both 2.4 and 5GHz radios. Best of both worlds, but cost is substantially higher and the omni antennas are fixed. This "AC" model is 3x3 MIMO with throughput up to 450Mb/s. Fixed antennas.
When purchasing a UniFi AP be warned that there are two generations of the APs. The second generation have "AC" in the model name and are capable of higher speeds. They AC models have been a bit problematic so be sure to download the latest firmware for the model you purchase prior to instalaltion.
Please be advised that it is recommended to be tech savvy before trying to configure Ubiquiti products. They don't have push-button setup like a off the shelf router from Best Buy and there is no telephone support..at ALL. Most configuration questions are handled through the community forums which if you don't have some networking background the forums may be overwhelming. People who install UniFi for a living use this site and they speak terms of technology. Practical advice from people who speak Wi-Fi.
PROS of the UAP-AC-HD:
- Very easy to setup and use via the UNIFI Controller Software
- Comes with everything you need to mount via wall or ceiling
- Great price for the performance of a high power AC Access Point
- Does not require a controller to use after configuration
- Small and sleek design supporting 2.4 and 5 GHz frequency bands
- Comes with a power injector device supports 802.3at PoE+
- Guest wifi and guest portal (When using the controller software only)
- Able to be used outdoors. Ubiqiti says weather proof
- The software is easy to navigate and full of features
CONS of the UAP-AC-HD:
-iPhone App for setup is not fully functional...as of yet.Back to Top
• Radio Hardware Acceleration: Independent 2.4GHz and 5GHz dedicated hardware offload for maximized multi-user throughput and reduced latency
• CPU Hardware Acceleration: Dedicated hardware offload for QoS, Guest Control, and Client Management
• Optimized for MU-MIMO: Genetically optimized antenna arrays for maximal utilization of 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO Beam Forming
• Beam Forming: Data is sent and received using multiple antennas to increase throughput and range
• Dimensions: 220 x 220 x 49.1mm (8.66 x 8.66 x 1.89")
• Weight: 700g (1.54lbs)
• Weight w/ Mounting Kits: 830g (1.83lbs)
• Networking Interface: (2) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports
• Buttons: Reset
• Power Method: Passive Power over Ethernet (48V), 802.3at PoE+ Supported
• Supported Voltage Range: 44 to 57VDC
• Power Supply: 48V, 0.5A PoE Gigabit Adapter
• Power Save: Supported
• Maximum Power Consumption: 17W
• TX Power:
2.4GHz: (2) Dual-Port, Dual-Polarity Antennas, 3dBi each
5GHz: (2) Dual-Port, Dual-Polarity Antennas, 4dBi each
• Wi-Fi Standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ac-wave2
• Wireless Security: WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise (WPA/WPA2, TKIP/AES)
• BSSID: Up to Four per Radio
• Mounting: Wall/Ceiling (Kits Included)
• Operating Temperature: -10 to 70°C (14 to 158°F)
• Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
• Certifications: CE, FCC, IC