The Cisco Industrial Wireless 3700 (IW3700) Series provides 802.11ac rates of up to 1.3 Gbps, mesh networking, and pervasive coverage in a compact form factor. It is qualified for extreme industrial environments and ideally suited for rail, transportation, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing, and other outdoor applications.
The Cisco IW3702 Series is the first industrial Wi-Fi outdoor offering to include 4×4 MIMO with three spatial streams and beamforming. It offers industrial-grade environmental qualifications while providing higher speeds for video and other bandwidth-intensive applications. Use it to extend support to Wi-Fi clients, such as smartphones, tablets, and high-performance laptops that have integrated 802.11ac support.
The IW3700 Series utilizes a purpose-built chipset with the best-in-class RF architecture. This chipset provides a high-density experience for industrial, enterprise, and service provider networks. It is designed for mission-critical, high-performance applications and a robust mobility experience.
Cisco also offers the industry’s broadest selection of 802.11n and 802.11ac antennas to deliver optimal coverage for a variety of deployment scenarios.
The Cisco IW3702 Series is an integral component of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network. It can scale to as many as 18,000 access points with full Layer 3 mobility across central or remote locations.
The Cisco Unified Wireless Network is also an industry leader in flexibility, resiliency, and scalability. It delivers highly secure access to mobility services and applications. And it currently offers the lowest total cost of ownership and investment protection through smooth integration with an existing wired network.
Specifications at a Glance
- Designed and certified for extreme environments with an operating temperature range of -50 to +75°C
- Vibration is rated to IEC 60068-2-6 environmental standards with M12 I/O connectors
- A rugged IP67-rated housing protects against liquid and dust ingress
- Equipped with a dual-band radio that is compliant with IEEE 802.11a/n/ac (5 GHz) and 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz) standards
- Provides integrated spectrum intelligence for a self-configuring, self-healing network through Cisco CleanAir technology
- Improves reliability and coverage for traditional Wi-Fi clients with Cisco ClientLink 3.0 technology and includes PoE output to support external power devices
- Five-year hardware warranty