Alternative Energy Network Solutions
Alternative Energy Network Solutions
GNS Wireless offers high efficiency solar and wind power accessories, solar and wind power kits, and components from Tycon Solar, which include high efficiency solar panels, pole/wall mounts, solar battery charge controllers and wind power.
- Charge Controllers
- Mounting Accessories
- Passive POE Switch
- Power over Ethernet
- Remote Pro Series
- Solar Panels
- UPS Pro Series
- Wind Power
- The RemotePro™ series outdoor power systems are designed for applications that require a primary off-grid power source to run various electronics. Solar powered point to point network connections are able to provide remote access to your wireless network.
- The sealed and weatherproof enclosures have extra space available inside for customer electronics. All enclosures are hinged and gasket sealed.
- The PL enclosure can accept a padlock or tamper seal.
- The ST enclosure is equipped with 2 tamper proof closures that are operated by a special key (included).
- The enclosures can be mounted to a wall or pole with the included mounting bracket system.
- The high quality solar panels have a 25year power output guarantee.
- The 5W and 10W solar panels are mounted directly to the DC enclosure saving space and making a more convenient assembly.
- The larger solar panels can be mounted to a 2" to 4" diameter pole or alternately to a wall with the included bracket kit. Features include an advanced battery charge controller to protect against over-charging or over-discharging of the valve regulated sealed lead acid batteries.
- Most of the PL and ST systems include a controller with built in POE inserter and DCDC converter to supply up to 48V POE from the 12V solar and wind power battery system.
- Enclosures have multiple ports for CAT5 cable, antenna cables/connectors or other cabling. They are vented to prevent residual buildup of hydrogen gas.
- Batteries in the DC and PL enclosures are an Advance Glass Matt (AGM) type which have good all temperature performance. The ST enclosure uses a high performance GEL battery which gives the best available deep discharge and temperature performance.
Go Green With Alternative Energy Products from GNS Wireless
Reduce your energy costs and do something good for the environment with innovative and energy-efficient products at GNS Wireless. From solar panels to energy usage monitors for solar and wind power, and charge controllers, we have everything you need to go green. Not sure how to make your home, RV or Wireless Network more efficient? Take the first steps and contact GNS Wireless to learn how to power your home, office, or remote field application efficiently and economically with alternative energy products. Check out our how-to articles for additional info and a crash course in Solar Energy.
Typical Applications for solar and wind power accessories:
- Remote wireless access point or backhaul - bringing internet access to remote areas
- Remote Wireless repeaters - extending wireless networks
- Remote sensing applications - water level, water flow, wildlife migration, IR sensing, snow depth, remote weather stations
- Video Surveillance - remote cameras, motion sensors, homeland security applications
- Remote cabins/villages - provide basic power for equipment, lights, communications
- Boats and campers - power for sailboats, power boats, campers - keep onboard batteries charged and ready
- Electric Fencing for remote properties
- Gate controls for ranches
Determine the Sun Hours Available Per Day
Several factors influence how much sun power your modules will be exposed to:
- When you will be using your system – summer, winter, or year-round.
- Typical local weather conditions
- Fixed mountings vs. trackers
- Location and angle of PV array
The following solar maps will help determine peak sun hours that you have in your area. Please click here.